1. Hoare Associates Limited (“we/us”) is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 9486263 Registered office: The Old Church School, Frome, BA11 1HR. VAT Registration number: 216 0000 80.
2. Like a growing number of legal consultancies, we have elected to not be constituted as a law firm and hence we are not subject to the oversight of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. We do hold ourselves to the same standards and ethical rules which you would expect from a traditional law firm, in particular, we will:
a. represent you professionally with due care and skill deal with your matter diligently and without undue delay;
b. maintain a duty of confidentiality to you in relation to all of your dealings with us and any confidential plans or ideas you disclose to us (including in relation to any initial discussions we have with you, or in relation to any documents or matters which you disclose to us via this website);
c. act in good faith and in your best interests;
d. advise you promptly should we have any conflict of interest on a matter;
e. maintain appropriate levels of professional indemnity insurance;
3. Richard Hoare is a qualified (“non-practicing‟) solicitor who after 10 years at a traditional law firm, now practices as a legal & business affairs consultant.
4. These Terms & Conditions relate solely to your initial enquiries and any pre-emptive discussions which we may have with you in order to establish your detailed requirements and/or whether we will be able to advise you in relation any particular matter;
5. Our more detailed standard Terms and Conditions will apply once you and we have decided we wish to work together on more formal basis and such Terms and Conditions will be provided to you before you formally engage us.
6. We reserve the right to refuse to act in relation to any matter in our sole discretion (including without limitation for reasons of conflict of interest).
7. Where we arrange to speak to you for an initial consultation, there will be nothing to pay unless and until you decide to instruct us, and we have agreed terms in relation to costs. Any such initial consultation shall not constitute formal legal advice.
8. By proceeding to use our online enquiry form, you hereby accept these Terms and Conditions.
9. English law shall apply to these Terms and Conditions and English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in respect hereof.